Friday, October 7, 2011

Steve Jobs Died for our sins.

Okay, so this one guy died, right? And suddenly the world has completely lost it's shit! Steve Jobs was a great marketing guy and seems like maybe not the nicest guy. But I'm sorry if I don't want to mourn someone who I feel had a net negative impact on the world. Apparently there's enough mourning to go round, anyway.

Without getting too into it, because you can see all kinds of hate posts that have better information than I do, this man was the head of a company that completely fucked the digital economy, very possibly forever, and more importantly, passed over a golden opportunity to help shenzhen not be such a shitty place to eke out your existence until you crack the shits and jump out a window to be caught by a net installed specifically to catch you because it's such a shitty place to live.

I just think that it's important that we remember people when they die as they were and not some idealised version. Although I guess the idealisation started before he died.

No comments:

Post a Comment